Since the 19th century, power plants have used steam turbines to generate clean energy. However, the technology has its limitations — the process is inherently inefficient and the presence of moisture in the system leads to premature wear and corrosion.
Steam screw expanders are positive displacement machines that allow power plants to run at slower speeds without the performance or safety issues of a conventional turbine. As a result, they broaden the possibilities for industrial power recovery and power generation.
With a steam screw expander, power plants can accept saturated, dry or overheated steam — and, when combined with an organic Rankine cycle (ORC) system, many types of gas as well. Steam screw expanders also help with decompression, cooling and other functions.
Using Our Steam Screw Expanders
A Kaishan Compressor screw expander generator can provide:
- Pressure regulation in steam or gas pipelines
- Power generation from flash steam and geothermal brine
- Heat recovery and waste pressure recovery at low temperatures and low pressures
Kaishan Compressor steam screw expanders are versatile pieces of equipment that work with co-generation, waste heat recovery and waste pressure recovery equipment. They are easy to install and maintain even in demanding operations.
The benefits of using a steam expander include reduced CO2 emissions, lower maintenance and less wear-and-tear on replaceable power system components. Download our brochure to view detailed case studies outlining some of the many ways our products have helped businesses adopt greener technology without compromising their productivity.
Like all Kaishan Compressor’s products, our steam screw expander generators contain industry-leading components and technological innovations — all while remaining economical to purchase and operate. Our steam screw expanders:
- Can support generation capacities ranging from 50kW to multi-megawatts
- Are available in oil-free and lubricated configurations, both of which deliver?high?isentropic efficiency
- Are engineered to maintain efficiency even when dealing with unsteady flow conditions
- Are available with evaporative, air-cooled or water-cooled heat exchangers – all of which we engineer to meet ASME standards
- Work with both induction and synchronous generators to produce power at any voltage and frequency configuration
- Feature sophisticated Siemens PLC controls for system configuration and remote monitoring
- Come equipped with heavy-duty John Crane seals and?SKF bearings for up to 100,000 hours of performance
- Use environmentally friendly refrigerant to further reduce their impact on the natural world
When you choose Kaishan Compressor compressors and expanders, you are buying a proven technology that is currently used in power plants worldwide to generate nearly 100 MW of clean energy. We manufacture our products in an 85% vertically-integrated facility, providing our team with the opportunity to exercise industry-leading quality assurance protocols that both reduce the risk of failure and keep our costs down.
Since our founding, we have been committed to bringing manufacturers advanced products that help them run more profitable, productive and greener operations. You’ll find our steam expanders and hybrid steam expander ORC systems in steel mills, refineries, chemical plants, palm oil processing plants and other industrial sites. Explore the possibilities for your operation by contacting one of our engineering experts by phone or email today.Contact Us about this product