ORC Power Expander
Kaishan Compressor is a leading manufacturer of organic Rankine cycle (ORC) power generation systems. Our products currently generate nearly 100 MW of power in facilities around the world, where they play a key role in curbing CO2 emissions and reducing overall environmental impact.
The Rankine cycle is the scientific name for the idealized thermodynamic cycle of a heat engine. In it, heated fluid expands through a pump to generate energy. The organic Rankine cycle is a newer refinement of this technology, first developed in the 1950s. It uses an organic fluid —such as n-pentane or toluene — in place of water. This fluid produces vapors which drive a specially designed generators. The main advantage is that it generates energy from a lower-temperature source and reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
ORC generators offer several benefits over conventional steam turbines. Because they operate at lower temperatures, there is less cost involved in generating the heat necessary to drive the system. The pump runs under less pressure and rotates more slowly, which makes operating it safer. Because the pump components do not experience continual exposure to water, they are less likely to rust or erode, which increases their operational life.
The most significant benefit of ORC power generation is that it is far more eco-friendly than other methods of power generation. It is a 100% clean solution with no emissions or byproducts. Compared to other renewable power solutions, the combined cost of purchasing and running an ORC system is relatively low, making it one of the best values for organizations looking to improve their environmental credentials.
Operators who utilize ORC generators can realize significant savings when compared to more traditional equipment. However, this is far from the only reason these generators may be worth the investment for an industrial operation. Other advantages of organic Rankine cycle systems include:
- Higher reliability — Thanks to its heat exchangers for isolation, ORC generators offer more durability than other types of power generators.
- No lubrication — Because they don’t require a lubrication system, ORC generators also cut down on maintenance costs and last longer than competing systems.
- Environmental credits – Depending on where they are used, these systems may help companies qualify for carbon or renewable energy credits. This can further improve their profitability and lower their operating costs.
To learn more about these machines and their potential to transform your operations, get in touch with one of our knowledgeable representatives today.
This technology is suitable for use in a variety of applications. Our products can be configured to produce energy from any of the following sources:
- Water used for engine cooling circuits
- Geothermal hot water (brine)
- Ethanol, gasoline, thermal oil and other chemicals
- Exhaust gases produced by conventional turbines or gas or diesel IC?engines
- Hot gases from kilns and furnaces used in cement, glass and other manufacturing
- Any application where heat can be transferred to a fluid
For detailed technical specifications or more information about whether one of these power plants is right for you, please download our brochure or contact Kaishan Compressor directly.
Leading Innovation in ORC Power Generation
Kaishan Compressor’s ORC power plants feature a patented screw expander system capable of improving isentropic efficiency by as much as 90% compared to conventional turbines. Our ORC expanders are versatile and easy to fit into your existing workflow, with multiple condenser options and power generation capabilities ranging from 50kW to multi-megawatts.
ORC is a young technology that is continuously in the process of being developed and refined. As the technology evolves, we expect to remain at the forefront, offering innovative products. To find out more about this technology or to request a quote for a power generation system that’s customized to the needs of your facility, please contact our head office to request a consultation. Find out for yourself what makes Kaishan Compressors the leading organic Rankine cycle manufacturer.Contact Us about this product